Tuesday, October 14, 2008

An Authoritarian State?: Pomona, Regen V and the Josh Connole story:

In 2003 Josh Connole a Pomona resident Peace and Environmental Activist living in the Regen Co-ops, was wrongfully arrested for setting fires to hummers in car dealerships in West Covina.

I'll let you read some links

LA Times

LA City Beat


Grist

This is one of the reasons I'm uncomfortable with Checkpoints, I had just been stopped at one on Saturday evening, I was asked for my I.D. it was checked and I was waved through. I understand that DUI checkpoints serve a benefit in many ways, there's no denying that. But I can see it becoming a sort of soft surveillance. I am an environmentalist and I am against war, I also live in Pomona like Josh Connole, I have friends and acquaintances that live in the Regen V co-ops currently the same home that the FBI and ATF raided. I don't do anything illegal and I would rather not be afraid of my actions especially when I do nothing wrong.

On the other hand, I could use that $100,000 that the FBI gave Mr. Connole when they admitted they were in the wrong.

No comments: